Saturday, June 16, 2012

Toy Story 4

Dream Installment #3: Toy Story 4

The house is flooding! I, a rubber bouncy ball, headed up to the attic through the decorative octagonal window at the top of the house to save the trapped toys. The flood waters were rushing from all directions bellow me as I balanced on some scaffolding to look down on all my friends bellow. "Don't forget to save my cowboy hat," Alex shouted up at me! All of the "zen" toys, the stress balls and meditation themed mellow toys had been put into storage and I fought the flood waters to get through the attic door where they were boxed up.  What I discovered when I arrived, was surprising and sad: the toys of the attic had gone cannibalistic and were eating each other. The only toys that made it out with me back to the window were two tennis balls. They wore long black coats with red trim to indicate their belonging to the cannibalistic cult. 




When we got back to the window, we realized the only way down was to jump. "Just dive," shouted the toys below, so I did. I plunged into the two foot deep floodwaters below and hit the ground with a thud. "I'm just not bouncy enough to dive in this shallow of water." I thought to myself. I looked down to see that I'd scraped my elbows. 


The tennis balls jumped after me, bouncing off the ground and soaring high into the air, looking over the roof of the house. While they bounced, I warned the other toys of their cannibalism. We all ordered pho to celebrate our escape and to satiate the hunger of the tennis balls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment