Friday, November 1, 2013

Cornbread and a Shell

Recently, I've been baking a lot of cornbread. Here is the recipe I like the best. It's an adaptation of the Silver Palate's recipe for "Crackling Corn Bread":

  • Melted butter and oil for greasing the pan
  • 1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
  • 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 6 tbs unsalted butter (melted)
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • Around 1 cup of fresh corn kernels
  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9" metal (ideally cast iron) pan. 
  2. Stir together dry ingredients. Then add wets.
  3. Pre-heat the pan in the oven, then take it out and pour in the batter. It should sizzle. Then bake for around 25 minutes. 
I like this recipe because it's super dense and moist.

In other news:
I made my first website. It will hopefully be fully edited and we'll get a domain in not too long.
I found a Cher autograph in a $1 record of hers I bought.
Here is a shell I painted that had a bunch of other shells and creatures imprinted in it:


No comments:

Post a Comment