Friday, March 29, 2013

Escape and Disguise


Dream Installment #8: Escape and Disguise

The dream (nightmare) starts with William and I going to an anti-war protest in Seattle. I was explaining my opposition to the war to David when I heard that they were rounding up people who were against the war and putting them in terrorist suspect camps.  When we got there they split up men and women and walked us through glass showers that were next to each other, leading into the camp. Before entering the camp they either whipped us or put a noose-like contraption around us to shock us. William went first, and I saw what happened to him. You could see people getting whipped through glass. I was in a small cell with my "family" (I think we were family by virtue of being in a cell together, not my actual family). We were all in cages and emaciated. 

We came up with an escape plan. We hid in an empty shower room and then hopped up onto a ledge and climbed into a vent. At this point, the group was myself, and two others (William was one of them but he'd kind of morphed into a different person). We kept avoiding getting caught. The original escape plan was to climb into a dog's intestines and then have the dog carry us out. 

--- flash of a commercial for a red pill that would make you invisible --- 

A brief period where the vent we were crawling through to escape was underwater (very scary). But mainly it was just really small and hard to climb through. We came out of the vent, but not out of the entire camp, just out of the worst enclosures. We hid in bedrooms while patrols of little girls that looked like they were in South Park walked back and forth. One caught us but we bribed her with a "carbon" sequined head band. 

We finally made it out into the city. we were walking around and we could hear news stories about escapes from the camp (us).  My family and I were all dressed in punk/slightly steampunk clothes to look less like we'd just escaped from a camp and then we picked up a fedora and decided that we should disguise ourselves by wearing preppy and fancy clothes. We were walking underneath the viaduct in Seattle when I saw Molly and Jimmy driving around in a car looking for us. They saw our punk clothes and Molly recognized me, and I knew they would come try to find us. But if anyone found us we would probably have to go back to the camps. 

We came across a little cafe/restaurant. I had  meal with a woman in there in Spanish. I showed her that my tights didn't fit and that I tucked the feet into my socks under my skirt. She gave me something that worked.  My partner convinced me to go back to the restaurant and ask if I could work there. The restaurant people wondered why I didn't want to have another baby before I started working. I said I wanted to have a job for a while again and get a routine before I had my second baby. It was hard to tell what parts I was lying about as a disguise and what parts of my story were real. It was a wonderful job. 

note: Most of this is directly copied from what I wrote down when I was half asleep/still in the dream. I completed some of the sentences, but the reason it's so long is because I was still mostly in the dream world and able to write down a lot of details.

No comments:

Post a Comment